Recovery Tips when You Blow Your Diet
We all know what it’s like to blow it over the weekend when your out with friends or out for that special dinner. It happens to all of us – we’re human. But it doesn’t mean all hope is lost does use that slip up to ruin all your good work.
The first thing you need to do is acknowledge what went wrong and make a clean, fresh start.
Then, follow these tips for the rest of the day…
Next day recovery tips
- Fix yourself a healthy, filling and well-balanced protein based breakfast. Don’t forget to start with that first 16 ounces of water!
- Visualise a realistic goal for better eating. Write it down.
- Think about a plan of action to make that goal happen. For example, if you aim to lose one pound in a month, find ways to healthily cut down a few calories and increase your movement every day.
- Eat a lunch that’s packed full of protein and veggies and skip the sugars.
- Buy yourself a small notebook or download an ap on your phone so that you can start a food diary.
- When you feel like snacking, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes to see if you still feel hungry many people are not hungry but dehydrated.
- Make a quick, healthy meal for supper, watch the portion size and make sure it’s not too close to bedtime.
- If you didn’t get any exercise in for the day, go for a 10-minute walk after dinner.
Posted in: Nutrition & Foods